Salary and Benefits
FY23 Resident & Fellow Stipends:
- PGY-1 $65,700
- PGY-2 $67,000
- PGY-3 $70,000
- PGY-4 $73,000
- Free parking
- ACLS and BLS certification provided
- White coats, scrubs and laundry
- On-call meals
- Occupational heath services (physicals, PPD, flu shots)
- Notary services (work-related)
- Credit union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency House Staff loans
- Flex Fund
- Discounts: meals, movie tickets, pharmacy, legal resources
Life, medical and dental*, professional liability, disability
A number of programs (such as Social Security, workers’ compensation, state disability, unemployment insurance and family leave) cover all MedStar NRH employees in the manner prescribed by law. Details of the programs can be obtained from the MedStar NRH Human Resources department.
* require contributions from the employee
Educational Fund & Benefits
Each resident receives a stipend of $833.00 per year that can be used for books, conference travel (lodging, transportation, fees), board reviews, stethoscopes and electronic devices.
We have generous reimbursement for conference attendance.
A set of PM&R textbooks is given to each PGY-2 resident at the beginning of training:
- Braddom’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (or you may choose a subscription for PM&R Recap)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Oral Board Review
- Cuccurullo’s – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review
- Jacobson’s – Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Preston & Shapiro’s – Electromyography and Neuromuscular Disorders
- McLean EMG Guide
- Pocket EMG
- Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Musculoskeletal Injections
There is a graduate medical education suite, with two on-call sleeping quarters, a lounge equipped with internet access, Ovid, Medline, electronic books and journals, MD Consult and Up-to-Date.
Residents may also use the library at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, which features an extensive collection of PM&R and multi-specialty textbooks, journals, educational videos and DVDs.