Our outstanding team of physicians and scientists are actively involved in a variety of cutting edge research projects.
Current Areas of Focus
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Recovery
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Health disparities
We conduct state-of-the art clinical, research, and training activities at Medstar National Rehabilitation Network and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.
Our Affiliated Centers include:
- Center for Applied Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Research
- Center for Brain Plasticity and Recovery
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Center
- Stroke Central Atlantic Network for Research
- Mechanisms of Therapeutic Rehabilitation Lab (MOTR Lab)
Our research is further enhanced by several collaborative projects that bring together leading experts across departments. Our partner organizations include CUA, DC VAMC, MITRE, NINDS Stroke section, CNMC, and Howard University.
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine also offers a federally funded postdoctoral fellowship program for clinicians training in rehabilitation research.